Restorative Dentistry in Rio Rancho, NM
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative Dentistry involves repairing the natural tooth that has been damaged or decayed. An assessment of the current condition of your mouth is the first step in regaining oral health. A complete examination of each part of your mouth, teeth, gums and soft tissues, is performed. After this initial diagnosis, treatment plan options are developed and discussed.
Restorative Dentistry procedures include:
- Cerec 3D Restorations – one visit, all ceramic CAD/CAM inlays, onlays, crowns and veneers.
- Fillings – to replace parts of decayed or damaged teeth. Fillings are made of tooth-colored composite materials, solid porcelain or gold.
- Post and Core Build-up – a restoration utilized in a badly broken down, endodontically treated tooth to gain support for the subsequent crown.
- Crown Build-Up – a restoration utilized in badly broken down teeth to act as a foundation for a subsequent crown.
- Crowns – to completely cover that part of the tooth that can be seen in the mouth. Crowns are made of porcelain, gold, or porcelain fused to gold.
- Stainless Steel Crown – a restoration utilized to restore badly broken down deciduous (baby) teeth or as an interim restoration in badly broken down permanent teeth.